A vitamin is an important micro nutrient in our body which an organism needs in small quantities for the proper functioning of its ingestion. Necessary nutrients cannot be fused in the organism, it can be obtained by the diet. In Vitamin important nutrients include minerals, fatty acid, and amino acid. Some vitamins have more than one related molecule which is called vita miners. If a person takes a diet which is full of nutrients and vitamins then it is called a balanced diet.
The term vitamin is derived from the latin word ‘vitamine’ which was mould in 1912 by Casimir Funk. All the vitamins are discovered between 1913 and 1948.
Types of Vitamins
There are many different types of vitamins in our body. All have different type work in our body:-
- Vitamin A :-It is essential for vision. Keeps tissues and skin healthy. It is also helpful for bone
growth and keeps our immune system strong.
Food which is important for vitamin A are eggs, fish, beef liver, butter, cheese, sweet potatoes,
carrots, pumpkins, spinach, mangoes, turnip greens.
- Vitamin B1 :- It is helpful to convert food into energy. Vitamin B1 is needed for healthy skin,
hair, muscles, and brain. Food which is important for vitamin B1 are pork chops, brown rice, ham, soymilk, watermelons, acorn squash.
- Vitamin B2 :-It is also helpful to convert food into energy. It is needed healthy skin, hair, blood,
and brain. Food which is important for vitamin B2 are milk, eggs, yoghurt, cheese, meats, green leafy vegetables, whole and enriched grains and cereals.
- Vitamin B3 :- It is also convert food into energy. It is helpful for healthy skin, blood cells,
brain, and nervous system. Food which is helpful for vitamin B3 are meat, poultry, fish, fortified and whole grains, mushrooms,potatoes, peanut butter.
- Vitamin B5 :-It is also convert food into energy. It make fats, neurotransmitters, steroid hormones,
and hemoglobin. This vitamin is full of nutritious food like chicken, egg yolk, whole grains, broccoli, mushrooms, avocados, tomato products.
- Vitamin B6 :-This vitamin support in lowering homocysteine levels and reduce the risk of heart disease
It is also play an important role in sleep, appetite, and moods. It is also help to make red blood
cells effect intelligence abilities and immune function. Food which is important for vitamin B6 are meat, fish, poultry, legumes, tofu and other soy products, potatoes, non citrus fruits such as bananas and watermelons.
- Vitamin B12 :- It is also support in decreasing the homocysteine level and lower the risk of heart
disease. It is also helpful in making new cells and breaking down some fatty acids and amino acids.
It protects nerve cells and inspire their normal growth. It also make red blood cells and DNA.
Food which is essential for vitamin B12 are meat, poultry, fish, milk, cheese, eggs, cereals and soy milk.
- Vitamin C :-It helps in lowering the risk of some cancers, including those of the mouth, esophagus,
stomach, and breast. It also protects from cataracts. Food which is essential for vitamin C are citrus fruits and fruit juices, potatoes, broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts.
- Vitamin E :- It acts as an antioxidant. If our diet rich in vitamin E help to prevent Alzeimer’s disease.
Food which is essential for vitamin E are oils salad, wheat germ, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
- Vitamin B9:- It plays an important role for new cell creation. It is very effective for the pregnant women if they start taking early during pregnancy because it prevent brain and spine birth defects. It also helps in lowering levels of homocysteine and reduce heart disease risk. It also reduce the risk colon cancer.
Foods rich in vitamin B9 are fortified grains and cereals, okra, spinach, turnip, broccoli, chickpeas,orange juice and tomato juice.
- Vitamin K:-It generates proteins and calcium which is essential to blood clotting. It also prevent hip fractures.Food which is essential for vitamin K are cabbage, liver, eggs, milk, spinach, broccoli, sprouts and other green vegetables.
Deficiency of Vitamins
There are some symptoms in our body which help us to recognize the deficiency of vitamins in our body
Detecting of symptoms helps you to take proper diet. Let’s discuss some of the symptoms:-
- Fragile nails and hair are the symptom of vitamin B7. Other symptom of vitamin B7 include chronic fatigue,muscle pain, cramps, and prickling in the hands and feet.
- Mouth ulcers are symptom of vitamins B. It is because of lack of iron in the body.
- Bleeding Gums is the symptom of vitamin c. Vitamin C is a rare disease because people consume fresh vegetables and fruits. Other diseases are scurvy or weaken muscles and bones, dry wrinkles skin and nosebleeds.
- Night blindness is the symptom of vitamin A. In the night blindness people cannot see in the darkness. If the night blindness is untreated it can damage the cornea of the eye.
- Hair loss which is a very common disease. This disease mostly found in adults. Consuming very little iron, zinc, vitamin B3, Vitamin B7 through the diet can bring this symptom.
Vitamins are very important for our body. It makes our body fit and healthy. We should a proper food which is rich in vitamin and minerals.
A person should take a fresh fruits and vegetables in his/her diet. As we are aware of the fact that vitamins are necessary in small amounts because it helps in proper functioning of our body systems.
Never eat unhealthy food it can cause malnutrition because unhealthy foods are lack of vitamins and minerals
Unhealthy foods can cause a weight problems and obesity in a person.
As everyone knows that the vitamins means a vital for our life so it is necessary for all to take a proper diet which is full of vitamins to keep the body fit and healthy and never consume a unhealthy food which makes our body unfit and full of diseases.
Take an enough amount of vitamins and minerals in our diet make our body healthy.
In case of any doubt or query please feel free to comment in the section.